Maria da Graça Campos completed her Ph.D in 1997 from Coimbra University Portugal and postdoctoral studies in 2000 at Industrial Research, Ltd at Lower Hutt, New Zealand. She is Professor of the curricular unities Pharmacognosy, Medicinal Plants and Phytotherapy at Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra since then. She also supervises master and doctoral students. www.ff.uc.pt
She is Director of Observatory of Herbal-Drug Interactions, the first organization on this research field in Portugal. www.oipm.uc.pt (2011-…)
The research developed includes pharmacovigilance of herbal-drug interactions mainly with Oncologic patients. She is the head of the project IciPlant, developed at the Oncologic Hospital of Coimbra, Portugal. She also do Drug Discovery and is the team leader at “International Bee pollen Working Group at IHC” http://www.ihc-platform.net/forum.html.
– EFSA (European Food Safety Authority – Isoflavones ESCO Comission) (2009-actual)
– ASAE (Portuguese Authority for Food and Economic Safety- CTE “Produtos dietéticos, nutrição e
– Portuguese Pharmacopea Comission. (INFARMED -National Authority of Medicines and Health
Products, Government agency accountable to the Health Ministry)(2012-actual)
– Comission for Non-Conventional Therapies – Ministry of Health
Scientific member of three Research Centers:
-Drug Discovery Group of Centre for Pharmaceutical Studies, University of Coimbra
– Center for Philosophy of Science of the University of Lisbon, Portugal
– CQ – Chemistry Center /University of Coimbra – Portugal.
She wrote 4 books as co-author and 10 chapters, more than 70 papers in reputed journals among other technic-professional publications.
She’s editorial board member of 5 scientific journals:
-Journal of Molecular Pharmaceutics & Organic Process Research (2012-…)
-Journal of ApiProduct and ApiMedical Science (2008_2012) University of Wales Institute Cardiff, Cardiff,
-Journal of Pharmacognosy, (2011- …) http://www.bioinfo.in/contents.php?id=70&page=aim
-World Journal of Fungal and Plant Biology (WJFPB) (2010-… ) http://www.idosi.org/wjfpb/board.htm
International Digital Organization for Scientific Information.
– Journal of Apicultural Science – (2014-…) http://www.jas.org.pl/Editorial-Board,89.html